DataPipe performs both interactive and automatic search/replace on the fields in any database. You can perform complex search and replaces, capitalize, standardize addressing, and fix any number of awkward text processing issues, all without programming. With DataPipe you can achieve in seconds what would take hours with other database tools or programming languages. Start taking control of your data NOW.
Every database contains some degree of invalid or incorrect data, usually because of operator error or programming errors. These errors can prevent normal processing of the data, can cause searches for the records to fail, and invalid data formatting can cause mail-merges of the data to look very unprofessional.
DataPipe includes TextPipe Pro, and applies its amazing text processing capabilities to data in your database. TextPipe provides a huge range of filters for manipulating text. DataPipe's unmatched power comes from TextPipe's unique architecture and combining and arranging it's filters to suit each task. TextPipe can be run both standalone and within DataPipe.
DataPipe's enterprise features include:
- No limit on manipulations in a single pass - so if you have 8 million records, you only need to change them once
- No limit on the number of records processed
- Detailed audit logs to track job start and end times and unsuccessful updates
- Restart control logic to resume aborted jobs
- Precise control over cursor and locking options to optimize speed with your database.
Check out the powerful functions listed below:
- Interactive search and replace - check records before you change them
- Process multiple tables in multiple databases
- Correct capitalization in names and surnames (even with names like Mac and Mc, de and van de etc)
- Swap data fields around, such as date fields MM/DD/YYYY ->DD/MM/YYYY, swap surnames and first names etc
- Standardize formatting of addresses (e.g. PO Box, P.O. Box, POBOX)
- Standardize phone number formatting (e.g. 800 612 0382, (800) 612-0382)
- Convert currency amounts to words for check printing e.g. $7-> "Seven Dollars and no cents"
- Extract email addresses for your next marketing campaign
- Trim blanks and multiple white space
- Remove binary "garbage" characters
- Remove HTML and XML
- Insert or remove text within a field
- No need for custom programming in 99% of cases. If you need to, you can write custom code using industry-standard VBScript or JScript
- Easy to use with integrated online help and tips
- Automate DataPipe to run at predetermined times using an external scheduling tool
- Translations are available for other languages