Deploy and Run Applications without Conflict.Simplify application deployments by
eliminating application conflicts through application virtualization. Package an entire
application and its settings into a single executable that is isolated from the OS.
Plug VMware ThinApp into your existing management infrastructure and accelerate
your application development and desktop deployment. Deliver and deploy
applications more efficiently, more securely, and more cost-effectively.
VMware ThinApp simplifies application delivery by isolating applications from the
underlying operating system and plugging directly into existing virtual and physical
desktop management tools and infrastructure. ThinApp encapsulates applications
inside a Virtual OS that transparently merges a virtual system environment with the
real system environment.
- 100% Agentless Application Virtualization
- Application isolation.
Isolated applications run in a virtual bubble in restricted user accounts without
requiring any host modification. Deploy Office 97, 2003, 2007, and .NET applications
on the same OS without conflict as the applications run independent of one another.
- Zero-runtime execution.
With no installed agent, no footprint is left on the endpoint device. Applications
run directly from the compressed state without first caching data to the hard disk,
achieving better performance and security of data.
- 100% User Mode execution.
Client runs on locked-down, unmanaged kiosk PCs without Admin rights to
execute applications, enabling it to be used on managed and unmanaged PC.
- Block-by-block network streaming.
Applications virtualized execute once the minimum amount of code required to
run the application is available in the desktop’s memory.
- Conflict-free Application Delivery:
- Active Directory integration.
VMware ThinApp does not require any distribution, streaming, or activation
servers or agents. It works with AD, ESD enforcement tools, and open protocols so
no additional hardware, software licenses and ongoing maintenance costs for
backend infrastructure is required.
- Execution from USB key with portable profiles/user settings.
Enable a user to run critical applications from a USB key while maintaining
corporate security requirements.
- Integration with 3rd-party application management solutions.
Creates .MSI and/or .EXE file that plugs into existing electronic software
delivery systems (Inventory, Configuration Management Database, Definitive
Software Library, Packagers) without additional integrations required.
- Application Sync.
Enables application updates for mobile users as well as third parties on the
corporate extranet, ensuring availability of the latest version of the application,
reducing patch risks to machines that are taken off the network. Update virtual
applications via http/https over the LAN or WAN leveraging existing software
- Simplified Application Packaging:
- Application Link.
Allows packaged applications to dynamically establish dependencies (links) with
other packaged applications. Administers create separate packages of
interdependent components such as Java or .NET runtimes and the applications that
rely on them. Each component is delivered independently while sharing resources
across multiple ThinApp packages.
- Package it once, deliver to many.
Execute a packaged application on Windows NT, Windows PE, or XP Embedded
without retesting or repackaging the application for each operating system.
- System snapshots.
Provides administrators with a rapid three-step process for pre- and
post-install system states for packaging simplicity and for supporting applications
that require a reboot during the installation process.
- ISV embeddable.
Organizations can deliver their custom application throughout their extranet
using VMware ThinApp application virtualization technology.
- Run applications from any media without needing admin privileges for secure
- Maximize uptime during application migration and updates.
- 32-bit platforms: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Server, Windows
XP, Windows XPE, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista
- 64-bit platforms: Windows XP 64 bit, Windows 2003 64 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit
- 16-bit applications running on 32-bit Windows operating systems
- 32-bit applications running on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems
Terminal Server and Citrix Metaframe
- Single-package support on all platforms
- Automatic migration for Windows NT or Windows 2000 to Windows XP and
Windows XP to Windows Vista